Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Feel Like a Woman!

I woke up with a dream in my eyes today morning, the dream of a beautiful kitchen. Strange as it may seem but I just can't take out that kitchen from my mind. It was done in shades of brown with a semi circular end that had the stove and a chimney on top, making it look like an alcove of sorts. The slab in the middle was perfectly placed, not breaking down the path nor making the kitchen look any smaller.

People might wonder what's wrong with me? Why am I talking about a kitchen this early? Why am I talking about a kitchen at all?

Well because I am amused by the change in me. The things that I never paid attention to are now glaringly important for me. I worry about my skin....for the first time in my life I actually had a sleepless night about a zit on my face!!! I think & dream about kitchens! I worry about my wardrobe...my hair...its like all of a sudden I just feel like being a woman!

I was not a tom boy by any means. I had my own style yet I hated all the fuss about combing your hair thirteen times in 15 minutes routine, the look in the mirror and rectify my make up minutes, the oh my god am I looking fat stuff!!!
We can discount the last in the sense because I am fat to the extent that asking this question won't be wise! Yet for the first time in how many years I just want to look pretty!!!
I always managed to...but once the make up was in place it would take a nice daant from mama to 'touch it up!'. But now I am a little too conscious about all that.

I was always a woman...yet I had guarded myself from all the 'girly' stuff!

Today all I want to say is...MAN...I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN!

10 comments:

~ Deeps ~ said...

and wats the cause of this change ?

Subhadip said...

Same question as Deepak - what is the cause of this? But more importantly, do you feel beautiful from inside?

Banvri said...

I think this the frst time your are experiencing woman inside u ..but she is always in u ..

I rem one similar incidence with me ..when i really felt like woman ..a mother ..

:)

Kanika said...

@ deeps and Subhadip

The moment I figure it out...I shall let you both know!

@ chitra

I know what you mean and believe you me lady..I feel like a mother a lot many times...have practically raised a child...

What makes it more interesting is that after feeling like a mother and a grown up I feel like a girl...a young girl becoming a woman...its...well its thrilling...And true...you just cant kill the woman in you...

burf said...

seems like u had a coffee at costa the preceding and the imagery stuck

burf said...

and the last comment was by me, burf, dunno where did t come from

Kanika said...

@ burf...

Have never ever stepped into a Costa..

Unknown said...

Great.
Continue feeling like one. It's a good feeling. :)

Kanika said...

@ sayan...

:)

Ankur said...

congrats