Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Que Sera Sera...Whatever Will be Will be!

"All in good time...All in good time!" he smiled and started walking away again, his face lighted with a benign smile.
"But..." She frowned and he turned to look at her again, his eyebrows quirked.
"But?"
"Well...seriously. Don't you think it is high time already? I mean...how long do I wait? I thought..."
"You thought what?" he asked, sitting on the white chair, his face glowing with amusement and compassion.
"Well don't ask me as if you don't know what I thought! You know everything...and you know what is going on in my mind...in my heart. I just want you to tell me..."
"Its true I know everything. But my child...I want you to tell me nonetheless. I like it when you say it..."
"I though you loved me!" she grumbled and he laughed.
"Well of course I love you. but that does not mean I tell you what would happen next. You have to...like every one else...wait for the right time..."
"But if only you told me then I would..."
"You would do what?" the laughter was replaced by a soft look of concern.
"I would give up hope..."
"Would that be nice? Would life be the same without hope?" he asked and she felt tears burning their way through her lashes.
"But God...why do you wish me to hold on to hope? Why not give up? It would be easier to give up and move on in life."
He looked at her, sitting listlessly on the stone, her face streaming with tears now.
"God...please. The pain...I can't handle it anymore..."
He smiled and shook his head.
"I know you can...I know..."
"How can you know....I..." she stopped and he smiled.
"As you said...I know everything. I do. You just remember...walk your own path...whatever will be...will be. You keep walking..."

13 comments:

~ Deeps ~ said...

glib talk.....trying to make things more complicated than it shud be

Kanika said...

@ deeps...

Maybe...maybe not!

~ ॐ ~ said...

hmm

Anonymous said...

lets not lose the hope....i dont want to..

RB said...

I could picture a kid asking for her birthday present from her dad two days in advance. :O

Kanika said...

@ prashant

hmmm indeed

@ bharti

Its not about giving up hope now baby...its about getting REALISTIC. It sucks...but what the hell...

@ richa...

It's really the same...ain't it?

Butterfly said...

"Would life be the same without hope?"--- This is a very good line.

Subhadip said...

All in good time... is a very good line :-)

Kanika said...

@ butterfly

:) true...and we all know the answer don't we...

@ subhadip

Indeed...All in good time!

RB said...

Saw a call centre last night in Gurgaon. Saw a lot of cabs pulling out of the parkings...maybe some shift ended. And instead of thinking about my brother who'd worked in one for a year, I thought about 'Thank You For Calling'. I thought about all those mentions of late night, cool breeze, young execs, etc.
I guess your blog is doing a good job. :)

Butterfly said...

We certainly know the answer.:-)
It's a big no.

Kanika said...

@ richa

I am touched girl...thanks :)

@ butterfly

Right. It would not be the same without hope...hell it won't even be a life!

Banvri said...

i have line for this

" i m walking ..let me see who can come along with me "


:)))