Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Milestone 25!

25...just a number. Yet today it is more than just that in my life. For so many reasons...

When I had barely joined the call centre a good friend once asked me what was it that I wanted to do...and I knew that I had to set goals for myself. I pondered over and over, tried to analyse what all i wanted to do and decided that I should have a definite goal. The only thing i came up with just one...have to earn a minimum package of 50G by the age of 25...own and drive my own car by the age of 25...complete my first book by the age of 25...
It is anybody's guess that what was simply my goal was to achieve a certain something by that age. Then why now am I refering to this number?

In July 2007 I would be 25.

When Deepti tagged me I pondered...thought and analysed how to disturb the pattern to make it more me. And the answer was a simple 25...My idea...stating 25 things I have done and 25 I would want to do. Majority are from the list...the rest I would be adding to...shall I say...customize the tag a bit!

Here goes the 2 twenty fives...

25 Miles already travelled...

1. Climbed a mountain
2. Said 'I love you' and meant it...(do that often:))
3. Stayed up all night and watched the SUNRISE
4. Slept under the stars
5. Changed a baby's diaper
6. Watched a meteor shower
7. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
8. Asked out a stranger
9. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
10.Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
11.Adopted an accent for an entire day
12.Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
13.Had two hard drives for your computer (Just got that!)
14.Taken care of someone who was drunk
15.Had amazing friends (STILL HAVE THEM...TOUCHWOOD!)
16.Taken a road-trip
17.Been heartbroken longer then you were actually in love
18.Played in the mud
19.Played in the rain
20.Toured ancient sites
21.Got flowers for no reason
22.Performed on stage
23.Buried one of your parents
24.Had an entire black wardrobe...(In totality...my mother shrieked after

she realised I actually had no other color to wear!!!)
25.Had a series of weird dreams about people I know that came true!!!

ANd Miles to go before I Sleep...

1. Watch Wild Whales in their natural habitat
2. Dance with a stranger in a foreign land
3. Take a Ferrari for a test drive
4. Visit Paris
5. Stand on top of a lighthouse and look at the sea.
6. Go bagpacking in European countryside
7. Start a business
8. An evening in gobdola in Venice.
9. Be on a television show as an EXPERT!!! (wow wow wow)
10.Hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon (I just worry about coming back up!)
11.Skip all school reunions
12.Eat Shushi...
13.Go on a much planned vacation with someone special
14.Swim in the moonlight.
15.Walk on the beach on a full moon night...
16.Own atleast 10 different black shoes!
17.Be in shape and have a Sexy Black evening dress.
18.Get my work published
19.Witness the ALPS and the PYRAMIDS
20.Stroll in the Paris by myself
21. Own a house in Mussourie
22.Swim with Wild Dolphins
23.Read Gone with the Wind
24.Gift a Mercedes to my nephew on his 18th b'day.
AND
25. GET A SALARY PACKAGE OF 50 G A MONTH BY MY 25TH B'DAY...

8 comments:

~ Deeps ~ said...

MF
amazing list.......and better way of doing it....rather than looking for asterix and all .........

Black seems to be everywhere :)

i hope all ur wishes come true :)

Subhadip said...

Nice wishlist!

Hope you get to do all that and much more.

Banvri said...

U costumised my tag beautifully n i agree with deepak that astrisk were confusing :P

wishing u all the luck for the 25 list :)

bharti said...

woww...wat a list...dont worry kanu..ahem..i'll definately go on vacation with u..hehe..
And i'll also skip all the school reunions with u..i swear...

Kanika said...

@ deeps

Thanks a lot...and yes Black has to be everywhere....:)

@ subhadip

How sweet...thanks a lot..i hope so too (fingers crossed!)

@ deepti

Thanks...and the only reason I avoided the asterix and all...I am bad at all such things...

@ bharti...

AMEN to that. We sure would honey. And NO SCHOOL REUNIONS...I knew you won't miss that one out!!!

~ ॐ ~ said...

sahi kanu.... ekdum sahi !!!

Unknown said...

Remove sushi from the list of things you have to do. Unless of course, you have a taste for raw fish with an extremely pronounced fishy, uncooked, kachha taste. Then again, ek baar try to karna hi chahiye.
All the best.

Kanika said...

@ prashant

i know....bilkul sahi hain!!!

Though there are few must do's as well but i think i am happier not divulging them!

@ Woodie

Well....you finally showed up. I have to say i was a bit disaapointed when you vanished frm my blog....especially no comments on the earlier post...

And advice taken...would not try shushi..or maybe i would order it and if the smell is very bad i would simply forget it!!!