Friday, April 17, 2009

The first Ever...

People say life changes after wedding...I agree. They often say people change...that the man is not the same after he ties the knot and I agree totally. For my man is not the same either...I never heard him tell me how much he loved me in such delicate terms as he constantly does now...We hardly ever fight...and its all because he chooses not to get angry even when I can't avoid it! Men change after marriage for sure...and I can't even complain!

But what good is married life if the wife has no complaints? Imagine Ekta Kapoor dying of a heart attack...

We can't let that happen now can we? To be honest it is not possible for a woman to be content with her situation after marriage...she lives alone with her husband...she misses the care of in laws...she lives with in laws...she craves freedom...she has all the jewelery...she craves roses and dark chocolates...(and more jewelery).

I had my complaints too...and it was very soon after we came back home and settled comfortably to a routine of work and leisure. Every evening I saw my dear husband come back from work and comfortably lounge in front of the T.V! Imagine my agony! What was I expecting? I don't know but I saw reason...how very sad but I did. He, accustomed to living with men would hardly have any other source of entertainment or want of a conversation! Women can't live without talking...Men thrive in the circumstance!

We still manage to watch T.V without I getting all upset about it. I guess it does him well that I am not too fond of the idiot box. And I would like to pass on the wisdom that helped me from creating a mountain out of a molehill...It was what Prashant said and continues to say whenever I get all angry..."If you don't like a thing...be vocal about it and direct. For the other person might feel bad but if he is sane...would see your side and try to avoid repeating the instance.! Marriage is not about trying to please your spouse...its about understanding the other!"

2 comments:

Subhadip said...

"Women can't live without talking...Men thrive in the circumstance!" - the most apt observation I have observed in a long time!

Well... the first three paragraphs were written as if to warn the likes of US :)

Kanika said...

The way a smoker never recommends smoking...so does a married person...;)