Saturday, October 07, 2006

Waiting for Time!



Time, they say, will pass you by.

For me...time stayed. I stayed here, silently watching generations come and go. I heard the flute being played in the corner room, could feel the laughter gliding through the wind into my ears. I have seen it all. Yet not said a word. Men...of all shapes and sizes have crossed my path, some stayed under the tree, some looked over the wall and some simply drifted away into the night. Yes...I have seen them all.

Have felt the gentle steps of a child, playfully rolling a pebble. Have felt the fast steps of a young woman rushing past my gully...I have felt the brave soldiers stomping away with courage. Yet I have stayed.

With the passing time I saw the boulders turn into dust. With time I saw a seed turn into a wilted tree. Yet I have stayed where I was.

Many a secrets lie with me. And I stay here. I wish to walk away into time...I ask wind to take away those secrets into the depths of the desert, ask for rain to wash away the pain to the depths of the sea...have begged the drifting man to stop for once and rest by me...

Time, they say, will pass you by...

So it seems...

(Thanks to Deepak for lending me this beautiful picture.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've no clue how to react to this. It's interesting though.

Take care!

And oh...am I first?! If yes, MF! *does a bit of wardance* :P

~ Deeps ~ said...

@rohit
heheh war dance :D

@kanu
nice write up.......perefect lines when writing abt a fort which is in depleted state ..........

Kanika said...

@ rohit

Welcome to the blog. It's okay if you can't find words to react...It is just perfect!!!

@ deeps

thanks

Subhadip said...

Hmm... nice. Reminds me of a movie, though I am not sure which one - some really old movie.

Kanika said...

@ subhadip

Which movie? If it is an old movie about lost love and bhoot pret...would fit the theme...

:O

Richa said...

Wow!