Sunday, August 15, 2010

I still remember............

I still remember the days gone by...15th August.......remember waking up to find my father watching the news...to be precise The PM's speech, the relaxed breakfast, the kite flying frenzy, the sulking and fighting with bhaiya...insane loud music and high energies...the laughter of childhood...pure and content. I still remember.

It is aptly said that the sweetest songs are those that remind you of saddest thoughts...something my father often quoted. I still remember him quoting Wordsworth, Keats and so many more and I never realized where did I get my love for literature! It's all gone now...only memories reside...memories of a beautiful childhood, a time when I slept knowing that I would be woken up with a warm smile. Memories of strong steady and warm hands that would engulf the shivering tiny hands and warm up the coldest decembers...

8 years ago on this day at around this time I was sitting with my father as he watched Border for the umpteenth time. 8 years ago I didn't know that he was to be with me for only another week...

It's just not the same without him...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.