Monday, June 12, 2006

One Night at a Call Centre.....NAH!!

I have been toying with the idea of starting a blog again. The one about Books has been rather neglected...but then...its for one purpose hence I decided that I needed another place to start talking.

And then I was wondering what is it that I want to share? Is it my life today? My past or what?

An inspiration stuck me like a bolt of lightning...my life and times in a Call Centre. I started seeing life from a different perspective..literally.
I had seen the world in the light of the day, seen life washed with bright sunlight. And then I saw it all drenched in a soft pale glow of the moon and I changed.

A twist in the road landed me on the doorsteps of Daksh eServices. 4th October 2002...what a day. All nervous...hardly 20 years old and a totally pampered spoilt brat. However there was a very different Kanika. This Kanika was totally low on confidence.

My first round was a quid pro quo. Then the second round. There, I was to be surprised. After the round, the woman said out my name and asked the rest of the 20 people to leave!!!!

Wow...what a trip. Anyhow, i got the job and joined on 7th Oct. 2002. My trip to office was as confusing as the world i was entering. What did i know about Call centres? Anyhow, I was there, all scared and lost. a part of me was dead. This was not what i had wanted out of life...yet there i was. Whether I liked it or not, I was working there. The first day was 9 to 5. Then, 3:30 in the morning!

But that day...or rather that morning i saw a pale moon, looking down at me with a soft glow and acknowledging me as a new entry into the midst of a family called the Call Centre Industry...

This blog will compare my life...and talk about all my journey from that very day...

2 comments:

Subhadip said...

Congratulations on your new blog. You know what? 7th October, 2002, is when I joined Hughes. That is the day Hughes started, in fact.

Kanika said...

Talk abou significant dates eh?

So now you and I share another thing...a date of joining.

And thanks a tonne. I hope I am able to do some justice to this blog.