Monday, August 07, 2006

Lesson 4: The end is but a new beginning

The best part about the call centres was that when your day ended...a new day began. Quite Literally. The night was warm and welcoming always, the day reassuringly bright...for me it was a blessing in disguise. And call centres taught me that the dark side of the moon is welcoming.

I was taught by the call centres the mystique of night, the way the darkness simply engulfed you into a nothingness where nothing really mattered except your own instinct. And it is if not the best but atleast the second best metaphor for life. We come across situations where there is no hope to be seen. Your friends turn their backs, some stab you in the back, some simply drift apart, times when all you can feel is a big chaos surrounding you...and call centres introduced me to the void!!!

Tired and lonely, many a times i have sat alone on the stairs of those particular office, wondering about the ups and downs of life. And the darkness around me seemed to remove the clutter of emotions, bringing back to me absolutely nothing. And in that instant was when my instinct answered. And on one such dark night i was introduced to GAuri...and you might ask who is she!!!

She is the main protogonist of my first novel. I could see the queen glide from the clouds, always hiding in the dark corners, looking at the places where the moonlight reached...and from there began my beloved characters journey...

And she...the woman that emerged from the dark corners of a long night is the sunrise of my life...or perhaps the one i hope would be!!!

2 comments:

~ Deeps ~ said...

Gauri...sounds interesting......do write more abt wat u wanna write....

Void in life....well maybe that was cuz u didnt had the time to interact much with ur old friends.....and in office u hardly make friends.......

u havent mailed me yet...where shud i mail u pics ?

Kanika said...

@ deeps

Well....I would write a lt about Gauri...but in the novel. She is someone who needs to be read in detail...bits and pieces about Gauri won't help her.

Well...and i say there is nothing wrong in a void...void at times is good...i so hope i could search and find that void again.

As far as the mail is concerned...i would do that very soon. You have a nice and plesant trip....i would love your snaps of Leh...Godspeed!