Sunday, January 21, 2007

Musings of a Lonely Heart

It could have been a perfect day had it not started on the wrong foot! There are days when I sit in front of my system, my fingers patiently waiting for my heart to start narrating, yet nothing flows through them. And then I force my brain to think, think hard and bring out the deepest darkest desires hidden under coils of dreams. Slowly time reels back, brings out memories of promises that are still scrappy, of missed opportunities that still await a smile, of tarnishing dreams and a dozen heart burns. Silence...

The battle begins. My heart sits in patience and listens to my mind shouting at it, telling of the time that is passing it by. Yet the heart stays mum. There is nothing to speak, nothing to say that would change the past. It tenderly holds all the dead roses in its realms, folds the broken shards of glass lovingly in its midst. Slowly the mind gives up, lulls itself back into a peaceful monotony of existence while the heart braves the cold wind pressing against the old wounds of passion, stirring the fire that had started to ebb. Heart does not know what is right or wrong, does not understand good or evil, moral or immoral. All it understands is the fire within that keeps the person alive. It cares for no one…it only understands the darkness that surround that eternal flame. Heart waits patiently for moments of happiness and treasures memories of pain…it is lonely no doubt…but it was meant to be this way!!!

2 comments:

~ ॐ ~ said...

hmm...

Banvri said...

kahani har dil ki :)